[3830] ARRLDX CW N1MM(@W1TJL) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1tjl@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N1MM(@W1TJL) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 13:37:47 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW - 2020

Call: N1MM
Operator(s): N1MM K1EBY W1TJL
Station: W1TJL

Class: M/S HP
QTH: FN32na
Operating Time (hrs): 46.7

  160:  190    67
   80:  405    84
   40:  805    97
   20: 1172   110
   15:  136    66
   10:   21    11
-------------------
Total: 2729   435  Total Score = 3,558,735

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

This was quite a good weekend!  Considering much of the crew (you guys know who
you are and you were really missed!!!) couldn’t make it, there ended up being
just 3 of us.  Frank K1EBY, Tom N1MM and me, W1TJL.  We split the operating
duties and did a multi-single effort here in East Hartland.  You guys know who
you are and you were really missed!!!

In addition to the manpower shortage we had a few hardware issues.  Nothing
major but isn’t there always something?

That said the antennas worked GREAT!  The 4 element SteppIR at 70 ft was
fantastic!  We were beating big stations in pileups.  The 3 element 40 KLM was
better than I ever expected.  The best performance it has ever given us.  The 80
vertical was as good as I could have hoped for a single element full size
vertical.  If we could hear them, we worked them.  The 160 vertical worked quite
well, many contacts and mults for a limited time on the band.

On the down side, we were without the beverages.  Thankfully listening
conditions were mostly quiet.  Both of the 2 wire beverages were taken down by
the heavy winds, ice and MANY trees that fell on them.  Anyone need firewood??

In the visible portion of the property here with a bit over 9 acres, we lost
over a dozen trees.  Lots of clearing to be done…

I hope everyone had a chance to get on and play a bit!

Now to start getting things ready for ARRL DX SSB in 2 weeks…