[3830] ARRL June VHF K7DR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K7DR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2020 22:22:14 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  131    79  Total Score = 10,349

Club:

Comments:

FTdx3000 100w Square Horizontal Loop at 12 feet.

Loop was on tripod in backyard. Low antennas do well with Es since signals
usually come in at higher elevation.

Did about 80% Digital and 20% CW/PH

6M was open most of the time somewhere on both days.

Condx good enough on Sunday afternoon to go CW/PH

About 5pm ET Sunday 6m went dead and I though I was done, and a short while
later came roaring back to life to the end at 11pm Sun night.

6m was hopping so much I abandoned putting my IC7000 on 2m to make a few
cpntacts.

Note:
1) Can we get the word out next year about NA VHF contest mode on WSJT-X? It was
frustrating to go back and forth on reply messsages depending on the mode. I
lost some QSO's because of the extra transmissions and fading before confirming
73.

2) How about making CW/PH QSO's at least 2 points or maybe 5, to get more
stations to make contacts on other than FT8?

73 - Dave K7DR EN82ln