[3830] CaQP W6U(AE6Y) SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, andrewfaber@ymail.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP W6U(AE6Y) SOFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 01:42:43 +0000
                    California QSO Party - 2020

Call: W6U
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: AE6Y

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: SCLA
Operating Time (hrs): 23.3
Radios: SO2R

  160:    42     8
   80:   264    21
   40:   375   211
   20:   524   500
   15:   150    33
   10:     7     2
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  1362   775  Mults = 58  Total Score = 326,888

Club: Mother Lode DX/Contest Club

Comments:

That was a fine rendition of a classic.  Do you remember when CQP was mostly a
10/15m phone contest?  In fact the old rules used to suggest checking the CW
bands on the half hour.  Yet today we have records set with no 10m and a
lackluster 15.  It's a testament to the resiliency of the sport and the
technical growth of contesting.

 I felt honored to have the call W6U, but also burdened by the feeling that I
had to give it a 100% effort to not let down the team.  There seemed to be lots
of activity, and mults were relatively plentiful.  This does vary from year to
year; for example, last year I had only 1 MB QSO, but 14 this year! Thanks to
the VEs for coming out in force (except NT, of course; I was fortunate to be
called by VY1CO on 40 CW on Saturday afternoon).  Some other high numbers: 125
ON, 113 TX, 86 NY, 86 FL.  The state with the fewest Qs, surprisingly, was MS
with only 4 (actually I had only with 3 with AK, but KL7SB as so active that he
would have been hard to miss).  Congratulations to N6DE and the other organizers
for beating the bushes for activity.

  For some reason, it seemed very hard to get traction on 80 or 15 phone, though
they were very good on CW.  In fact my highest point hour of the contest was
0300 with 140 CW Qs on 80 for 417 points. Now that was fun.

  Everything worked well except for losing a half hour Saturday evening with an
amp failure, while on 160SSB of all places.  Fortunately I was able to revive my
old 87a and continue on with that old workhorse.

  73, Andy AE6Y