[3830] CaQP N8II SOFixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP N8II SOFixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2020 16:54:11 +0000
                    California QSO Party - 2020

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 14.8

  160:    0      0
   80:   26      0
   40:   80     32
   20:  151    234
   15:   58     47
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Despite the decent QSO totals on 20, it was more of a struggle on 20 on both
modes than usual. The SSB runs were slower and around 2215Z signals plummeted.
Around 23Z signals peaked back up for about another 45 minutes. I heard WB8WKQ
working K6AQL/M around 2225Z and he was just too weak to copy; I eked out a QSO
with AQL in the same county about 20 minutes later. Needless to say, I was not
one of the lucky few who found K6T and also missed TUOL which I heard working
VE5MX on 20 SSB. K6AQL provided 2-3 counties that I would have missed otherwise,
and I was closely following their route. The poor mult total cost me over 6K in
score. I had some S5 noise on 20 Saturday. 15 was a blessing Sunday, signals
built slowly, but by 1540Z the band was wide open with no SSB activity at first.
The opening lasted until about 1850Z here. Almost anyone who slowed up on 15 was
workable. That boost in Q's kept me going until almost 22Z. Thanks to all who
operated both modes and many bands and those casual ops who called in. KI6YYT/M
provided 5 Q's in the bay area on 20 SSB in addition to K6AQL/M who I found 14
times.

73, Jeff