[3830] CaQP KM6I SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP KM6I SOFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2020 19:57:55 +0000
                    California QSO Party - 2020

Call: KM6I
Operator(s): KM6I
Station: KM6I

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: Mountain View, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4.5

  160:
   80:   10
   40:   87
   20:  118
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  215     0  Mults = 42  Total Score = 26,964

Club:

Comments:

On Friday night I fired up the station for the CQP practice session
and discovered that the SWR on my full-size G5RV was really high.
Saturday morning I tried to lower the feedpoint using the pulley
system I used when I installed it, but something got snagged and
one of the dipole legs snapped in half. Uh-oh.

So I fished a half-size G5RV out of my junkbox and managed to
get it up in a sloping configuration with the feedpoint at
about 30 ft. And I have a Hy-Gain AV-640 vertical temporarily
mounted, so I at least could work 40 meters on up.

I have some RF-in-the-shack problems running high power with
the vertical - all my USB devices quit working, despite
me toroiding all the things. So 20m was all 100 watts, but
was my most productive band. Listened on 15 occasionally,
but never heard anything.

Thanks for the contacts. Family obligations kept me from doing
a full-time effort, but CQP is great fun.