[3830] JARTS N6WM(@N6RO) MOMT HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, chris.tate@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] JARTS N6WM(@N6RO) MOMT HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 01:50:20 +0000
                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest - 2020

Call: N6WM
Operator(s): N6WM N6RO K6AW
Station: N6RO

Class: MOMT HP
QTH: Oakley CA
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R
Remote Operation

   80:  138    32
   40:  493    84
   20:  871    83
   15:  374    49
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total: 1876   248  Total Score = 1,148,820

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Well.. that was a surprise.  With our entire team tired after heavy contest
efforts for the last several weekends, including CQP, we decided we would take
it easy on this, so Myself, Steve K6AW and Ken N6RO sort of started with
semi-serious intent... but.. then.. we got hooked.

I started out on Friday night with a fantastic SO2R run that blew me away thus
went the weekend... with K6AW eventually settling into his 20m captain position
later on Saturday after a good second SO2R run by myself.  Ken did a lot of the
overnight heavy lifting where his low band expertise was able to help keep
momentum going.

Bands:
10 - Nope.. not yet
15 - YES!  Spotlight openings into different EU areas, including late day calls
from Scandinavian region.. Fair JA runs..lots of domestic.. we have a band.
FINALLY!
20 - Also good.  would have hoped more activity from JA, but EU activity very
good and was an important part of some of the great runs we had, so2r or
otherwise
40 - again good EU activity on 40m kept the light burning, total 107 JA (647
total fyi) 42 yb's trying to fill the gap.
80 - Not great to EU but we did managed to get a few in the log.  condx could
have been better from our qth.

There as a palpable gap of missing VK and ZL volume in this contest.  Prob
resting after OC dx.

I have never operated this contest, but participation was outstanding,
especially in EU and domistic.  I think we will be back for this one, and not as
a Sunday drive.  it was FUN!

Thanks to N6RO for the use of the station and his personal chair time, and to
K6AW for joining in on this unexpectedly larger effort than anticipated.

73 and seeya next time

For the N6WM @ N6RO JARTS op team
Chris
N6WM