[3830] SS SSB VA7ST Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB VA7ST Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 04:21:23 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB - 2020

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 6

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:    4
   20:  301
   15:   70
   10:
------------

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

IC7610 + Acom 1000 + Steppir 3 el./40 + 80M verticals

Started on 15M Saturday and stayed a lot longer than I should have, but 20M was
a complete zoo while 15M allowed stations to actually be heard. Didn't try very
hard or for long hours, especially after dark. Low bands weren't good here for
some reason (A index was rising all weekend and I think the aurora was affecting
the get-outability from northern locations).

Special credit to Scott VY1CO for making a big effort to get on this weekend.
Scott is up there trying to help the masses under trying circumstances (fairly
new contester with 200w, emergency-style dipole after severe winds took out his
beam, and massive aurora). He got chased off 20M at one point, so left and
didn't find anywhere to park and stopped with 150 or so Qs in the log. A little
grace goes a long way for all. Anyone who didn't work NT this weekend now knows
why.

He's awaiting a microkeyer to make next weekend's CQWW CW a bit easier
logging-wise, as he has been hand-logging for now. We're working on getting N1MM
going with the rig which will help keep Zone 1 and VY1-NT-YT a bit more active.

Thank you to all the low-power and QRP stations that stuck with me to complete
the exchanges. Apologies to  few who disappeared entirely in the noise. Had fun
for the few hours I was on.

-- Bud VA7ST