[3830] WPX SSB K3WJV SOAB TB-Wires HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3wjv@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB K3WJV SOAB TB-Wires HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 04:50:02 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:   25
   80:  310
   40:  372
   20:  475
   15:   63
   10:    1
------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

WPX has always been my favorite and even though ssb is not my favorite mode you
do what you gotta do.  I actually enjoy some phone when bumping into friends to
say a few words with. I have a limit for phone running even though I can do
pretty good for shorter periods.

I beat last year's score.  There were some strange condx I observed over the
weekend.  Friday night was normal but Saturday night there were some lightning
storms  a few states away that really created havoc on 80mtrs.  Also some weak
signals just seemed to drop out and disappear just when it was serial number
time.  The noise was still prevalent Sunday evening when trying to get one more
good run on 80.

All in all though I enjoyed the weekend.  My 36 hours op time was only due to
break times not counting unless an hour long.  I had lots of 20 to 30 minute
breaks when tending to the dogs.  All so1r with the K3/KPA1500.  I need some
antenna improvemants this year!  Hip hip hooray for the WPX format.

Rural wooded location 1255ft ASL

FT1000MP & Acom 2000a
K3/P3 & KPA1500

2el K4KIO 5 band Hexbeam @30ft  G-450A rotor & Green Heron controller
Inv vees @ 50ft for 40m-80m-trapped 160
Rx ant - 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbog

SO2R >> TopTen DxDoubler-Band Aides-relays-W2VJN stubs
       (not full blown so2r yet - need 2nd beam)

N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger