[3830] 7QP N8II SOMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP N8II SOMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 May 2021 16:47:04 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party - 2021

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): ~13.5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:    3      1
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  226    223      0  Mults = 131  Total Score = 147,244

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Log was parsed, sorry no band breakdown.

This is close to best I can do with no real openings on 10 and 15 and 20M poor
from 1800-2130Z. I stayed up until 0430Z. I did make NEQP Q's in the evening,
but favored bands where I could work 7's. Last year 15M was the worst ever, this
year was worse! Big guns ND7K and K7RL were pretty weak on 15. 20 was open quite
early (0630 PDT) and activity built a bit more quickly than usual and stayed
great until about 18Z.
I stayed with 20 too long in the evening as when I switched to 40 at 0040Z, some
stations were already loud. I had some decent 20M SSB runs in the early going
and again 2200-0015Z. By 0330Z, signals were pretty good on 80M and even better
by 04Z. I worked some fairly minimal station ops on 80. I seemed to be pretty
competitive on 40 and 80 CW.

There were a lot of expeditions and some mobiles which really helped with the
mult total. K7TQ/M was the easiest to find sticking to 039 or 040 on CW on 40
and 20, but I only worked him in 7 ID counties and 1 MT. I think I worked all of
the expeditions, some had very good signals and several called in on 20 phone.
When K7VGQ called in on an OR 4 county line, none of those were new for me. I
worked a lot of counties in WA, OR (always great activity), AZ, and NV (14
counties may be best ever NV); WY and MT were pretty sparse.

Many thanks for the Q's and calls. Hopefully, 15 will be much better next year.
Since February, the new cycle has been disappointing.

73, Jeff