[3830] KRC SST K6RB Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] KRC SST K6RB Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 20:33:51 +0000
                    K1USN Slow Speed Test - Jun 18

Call: K6RB
Operator(s): K6RB
Station: K6RB

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 25 min

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  33     23
-------------------
Total:  33     23  Total Score = 759

Club:

Comments:

The 20 meter band was not good. Signals were weak and lots of rapid, deep QSB.

I ran the whole time and would sometimes hear a caller either way above or way
below my frequency. I use a 500 Hz filter, so if you are too high or too low,
you are barely discernible in my passband. If you are purposely using XIT, don't
go more than 10 or 20 Hz up or down. You risk not being heard. If you are not
purposely using XIT, make sure you clear it or you will be calling on a
different frequency than where you are listening. If you have full QSK, use it.
That way you can hear, when you are calling, if the run station is already
calling someone else. There's nothing to be gained by continuing to call. Full
QSK allows you to stop and avoid QRM. I see a lot of improvement in many
participants. Keep up the good work.