[3830] NAQP CW N6DE(@W2/QUAKER) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cqden6de@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N6DE(@W2/QUAKER) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2021 16:26:44 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: N6DE
Operator(s): N6DE
Station: W2/QUAKER

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 4:05
Remote Operation

  160:    7     6
   80:   66    21
   40:  103    36
   20:   85    27
   15:    6     3
   10:   11     2
-------------------
Total:  278    95  Total Score = 26,410

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team #5

Comments:

Unexpectedly I had a few hours available to participate.
I operated remotely over RHR using the W2/QUAKER station.
This was my first NAQP from the East Coast.  I called CQ 100% of the time to try
to practice running.

Observations:
The first hour is hard from the East Coast.  Interesting 10m opening to IL and
MO when I checked, but couldn’t get callers from anywhere else.  When I
couldn’t get any traction on 15m and 20m, I decided just to see what would
happen if I called CQ on 40m at the end of the first hour.  Blown away that I
immediately got callers.

Some really nice runs are possible stateside at various times on 20m, 40m and
80m from NY.  Better than I was expecting.

160m was harder than I thought it would be.

Very impressed by the activity from SMC and PVRC.  IL really pounds into NY on
many bands.  Also, lots of Ohio stations.  Runs to West Coast were average.

Got called by a loud HA. Double-checked that the antenna was pointed stateside.
Yep, it still was.

Frustrated by the atrophy of my CW skills.  Not a good performance.  I wanted to
participate in the CW Open later this summer, but it looks like obligations will
prevent my activity in that contest.

73…
-Dean - N6DE