[3830] CWOpen K9ZO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWOpen K9ZO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2021 04:29:53 +0000
                    CWops CW Open - 0000Z-0359Z

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: il
Operating Time (hrs): 1:30

  160:
   80:  113    69
   40:   95    95
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  208   164  Total Score = 34,112

Club: Metro DX Club

Comments:

Worked with the roofer to fill up the walk in closet and bathroom floor with
about 2 cubic yards of cellulose insulation, so I felt obligated to do the clean
up!  I love thorough detective work and was tickled to death when he agreed to
go into the attic to try to locate some leaks in the roof.  Hard driving rain
acts quite differently from a gentle rain.  It’s man against nature here in
the country.  So I started 2.5 hours late.

Once I settled in, I cranked it to 45 WPM for some DXpedition practice.  Need
some slow speed macros.  1 hour 29 minutes for 208 QSOs.  It’s fascinating to
try to figure out how to keep the rate going when there are periods of lots of
CQing.  It would be amazing to be loud on two bands and try to run two pileups
at once.  That would get my brain cells firing.  Lots of QRN on 80.

No RX antennas yet. 40 meter vertical and 80 meter inverted vee.  Flex 6600  and
PGXL.