[3830] NA Sprint CW K0EU LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rkmassoc@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K0EU LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 14:06:47 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: K0EU
Operator(s): K0EU
Station: K0EU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 4
Radios: SO2R

   80:   77       1
   40:  104     1.5
   20:  101     1.5
---------------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GM Mesa Verde NP

Comments:

Great band conditions were interrupted by periods of extremely high QRN caused
by rain cloud static. This made it very tough to copy in the second and third
hours. Sorry for all the requests for repeats. The K3 noise blankers helped, but
I lost some Q's because I couldn't hear the weaker stations. Frustrating because
the first hour went so well. Looking at the early 3830 postings, I see that I
did well with mults. I worked every mult I heard. Anytime you tie N2IC in mult
count you are doing well. Never heard team members from Wyoming.

80 meters was a challenge with 100 Watts. Seemed like I was getting beat out on
most jump balls, and also had a very low rate of return with CQ's. 20 meters was
better than it has been in a long time and it stayed open late. 40 was excellent
and produced some juicy mults late in the game.

Thanks for all the Q's.

73 Randy/Ken K0EU.