[3830] ARRL Sep VHF W4IY Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF W4IY Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2021 00:41:47 +0000
                    ARRL September VHF Contest - 2021

Call: W4IY
Operator(s): W4IY
Station: W4IY

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  250    79
    2:  249    82
  222:   23    17
  432:   28    16
  903:    4     3
  1.2:    6     5
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  560   202  Total Score = 127,462

Club:

Comments:

We had 12 people full time to help set up, operate and tear down. That's a first
for WWI. This contest, we set up two AB-577s with 2 through 1296 on one
'launcher' and 6M + 2M/450 FM on the other. We tried to operate as much USB/CW
as we could, but FT8 carried the day. In fact, FT8 was phenomenal on 2M. We
worked EL09 and EL00 in TX. For some strange reason, we actually did better on
2M FT8 than 6M FT8. Near the end of the contest, somebody suggested moving to
222 and 432 FT8, which we did. That netted a few more long distance grid
squares.

We had rain on the first night and sun for the better part of the week. However,
Saturday and Sunday we had a lot of wind. We lost a mess tent and almost lost
our dining tent.