[3830] PaQP N8II SOMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] PaQP N8II SOMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 20:51:17 +0000
                    Pennsylvania QSO Party - 2021

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:   19      7
   80:   71    117
   40:   93    171
   20:   18      4
   15:    8      0
   10:    1      0
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Wow, what a change from the past several years; the ionosphere cooperated! 40
meters was open to all of PA with huge signal levels for many hours both days (a
bit slow to open Sunday AM)! The last year we had similar conditions was
probably 2014. PA ops love to work PA ops, so that gave us two good bands with
lots of PA activity. Compared to last year 75M activity was definitely down, but
propagation was fine. Also 15 meters and even 10M were useful for PA QSO's with
Europe (+ west USA on 15). I heard OM2VL CQ'ing PAQP on 10M SSB and heard him
working PA! It was very tempting to start DX'ing Sunday morning, but I stuck
with the slow grind of searching down stations and running a few, but not many.
It is a shame that now 3 other QP's have descended on the same weekend; I only
worked those QP's as I bumped into stations from NV, AZ, and SD. Last year I
tried to keep up with all and it didn't work well for PAQP. It was slower than
hoped for at the start, few answers to 40M SSB CQ's, so I had to S&P. I did
have some success running stations on 40 and 80 Saturday, mainly SSB. The CW
rovers/mobiles were nice enough to work 40 and 80 from most of their counties. I
missed K8RYU a lot, did reasonably well with Jim, K8MR and Tom, N2CU, but there
was room for improvement. Many thanks to all of the rovers and expeditions to
rare counties/county lines. 160 was not in great shape with QRN and weak
                                      signals; thanks to those who came down to