[3830] 1998 CQ WPX CW SO/Rookie Class K0XQ

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] 1998 CQ WPX CW SO/Rookie Class K0XQ
From: k0xq@amsat.org (Sean Warner K0XQ)
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 1998 22:10:22 +0100
1998      World-Wide CW WPX Contest

CALL: K0XQ     Minneapolis, MN USA
CLASS:          Single Operator/Rookie Class-Multi band

Band    QSOs    QSO points      Prefixes        Score:

40m:      26        42    17
20m:     175       340   162
15m:       2         0     1
10m:       2         0         2

Totals: 205        382    182          69524
Total Hours Worked: 20/48
Rig: Yaesu FT 920
Antenna(s): Cushcraft R7 vertical 40m-10m
Operators: K0XQ
Logging Software: Write Log v. 9.07A

Remarks : Depressing first 24 hours; God did not intend for verticals to be
used when the K index is above 2. In spite of RFI problems with the
computer & a nice lightning show that ground all operations to a halt on
Saturday evening (just when Europe was blaring in on 20m, of course), I had
a blast-hilights were working BY1QH & 3V8BB in a raging pileup near the
end. See you next year--with a beam.

This is to certify that in this contest I have operated my transmitter
within the limitations of my license and have

Signature  Sean Warner Call   K0XQ