[3830] ARRL June VHF AA7XT DM59

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF AA7XT DM59
From: William Hein <bill.aa7xt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 13:52:49 +0000
Operator Category : LIMITED-MULTIOPERATOR
             Band : ALL
            Power : LOW
             Mode : MIXED
 Default Exchange : DM59
       Gridsquare : DM59PA

             Name : William Hein
          Address : 479 South 16 1/2 Road
   City/State/Zip : Glade Park  CO  81523
          Country : USA

     ARRL Section : CO
        Club/Team :
         Software : N1MM Logger V13.6.0

        Band  Mode  QSOs    Pts  Grd
          50  CW     134     134   53
          50  USB    404     404  116
         144  USB      6      6    4
         420  FM       1      1    1
       Total  Both   545     545  174

            Score : 94,830
              Rig : Elecraft K3 80W

         Antennas : InnovAntennas 8-el LFA Yagi on 50 MHz @ 20 feet

          Soapbox : First VHF contest from new western Colorado QTH (16
miles from Utah state line).
Happy with performance of LFA Yagi but next time would like to have a
little more power than 80W,
a second antenna to cover a second direction and a tower taller than
20-feet (all coming soon).

Conditions felt average with long gaps of no signals.  Would somes hear
K5QE and N4QWZ for extended
periods with no other stations audible.

I was mostly chasing new grids (had to start over - for the 4th time! - on
VUCC when we moved here
recently) so I was watching packet and ON4KST.org hence the "Multi-op"
entry.

Western Colorado was well represented during the test.  Sounds like Jay
W9RM operating from DM58 did
really well as did Phil N0KE over in DM69 and Bruce K0YW in DM67.  My Glade
Park neighbor Jerry K0DU
(in a different grid from me even though only 3.6 miles away) put in a few
hours and seemed to have
no shortage of callers.

73
Bill AA7XT