[3830] OH0W WPX SSB M/S with comments

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] OH0W WPX SSB M/S with comments
From: kari.lehtimaki@olsy.fi (Lehtimaki Kari)
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 16:20:02 +0300
                  CQ WORLD WIDE PREFIX CONTEST -- 1998

      Call: OH0W                     Country:  Aland Is.
      Mode: SSB                      Category: Multi Single

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES
      160       83      170   2.0       11
       80      529     1128   2.1      157
       40      605     1930   3.2      122
       20     1404     3061   2.2      370
       15     1170     2761   2.4      293
       10       16       46   2.9       12
     --------------------------------------

     Totals   3807     9096   2.4      965  =   8,777,640

Operator List: OH1EH, OH2XX, OH6EI

Club Affiliation: CCF - Contest Club Finland

We recorded the whole contest on a laptop and it took aboute 300 MB of
disk space.
The idea is to copy these audio files with CT files onto a CD-ROM.
That is a nice way to archive a contest. And after the sunspots are
down you
can always play your favourite contest pileups afterwards . . .

We noticed also some weird propagation. Sunday evening we were beaming
to W,
NW and N on 20 meters and there were a lot of strong JA stations coming
back.
The short path for JA is NE! When beaming SP the signals dropped
dramatically. Also USA came from W instead of NW, but that's quite
normal
when we have aurora.

Finally we want to thank Pekka, OH2TA for letting us use this superb
station in
Brando, Aland Is. Pekka was supposed to be the host but then he decided

to head for H40AA instead - not a bad choice!

73 de Kari, OH2XX