Amps

[AMPS] SB200 PS question ?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB200 PS question ?
From: KA2YKC@aol.com (KA2YKC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 11:18:06 EST

I just picked up an SB200 from an estate sale that looks like it sat in a
basement for 3 years!

Anyway, upon firing it up, it appears to put out 500w into the Bird on a
dummy load. After about 3 minutes of use, the HV bleeder resistors start to
smoke from overheating. If I shut the amp off and let it cool, it will do the
same again after a brief period. HV looks good on the meter, and it RF-wise
it it ok.

Is it possible that if the caps in the HV p.s. are leaky or bad, the result
would be a higher - than - normal dissipation through the resistors ?

The caps are the old-looking paper style. Anyone have a recommendatio for
locating 6 new caps, and their specs for this amp ?  Unfortunately, I don't
have a schematic for the am. Can anyone herlp with a copy of the schematic,
either on a web site or an emailed JPEG GIF etc..

Thanks in advance  for the input....

Eric
KK2ED