Amps

[Amps] Solid state Vs Tube QRO

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Solid state Vs Tube QRO
From: "Phil & Debbie Salas" <dpsalas@tx.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 19:55:42 -0500
"Phil, Re: the SPE-1K antenna autoswitching.  Do you think there may be a
concern where you may see very transient high SWR back to the "hot" exciter
finals while the amp switches antenna input?  There are some solid state
transceivers whose RF finals might not like that too often.  I know there
has been some discussions with the new IC-7800 having lots of final failures
and antenna switching with transient high SWR has been invoked as one
potential reason.  73 Jerry K1JOS"

Hi Jerry - The amp responds to the amp-enable input from the transceiver
that is keyed.  The 1K-FA is a QSK amp, and switches before the RF becomes
available from the transceiver - at least it does with both my Yaesu MKV and
IC-706MKIIG.

Phil - AD5X