Amps

[AMPS] GU84b Question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] GU84b Question
From: tony@uch.net (CT HRD)
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 22:17:23 +0400
        Hello, Phil,

    The Russian military grade tubes are more rugged that the commercial
ones, but there is a limit of the excessive voltage you can apply to the
tube.

    Say, in case with GS-35 (recommended 3000 V @ 1.4 A) it has been used at
3500 V @ 2 A for years.

    You can go on and experiment with the tube but the general common sense
says one should not exceed the voltage more than a few hundred volts.

    If you are planning to use you PS why do not you try GU-35B ? It is
rated at 5000 V @ 2 A ?

    There are other powerful tubes, say like GU-78B (could be classified as
if 4CX300 in the Wetern classifcation if it would have existed) rated at
3000 V @ 2 A

    Regards, Anton Koval, UT7CT

CT Ham Radio Devices (CT HRD)
Fine Range of Han Keys & paddles