Amps

[AMPS] resistors

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] resistors
From: Bill Coleman N2BC" <n2bc@stny.lrun.com (Bill Coleman N2BC)
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 22:31:47 -0500
Hi Ron, a thru bolt is dangerous IMHO....    So are those springy angle
brackets which can gouge the inside of the resistor core.

I mounted a 225W job between two horizontally mounted cone insulators. One
insulator is 'fixed' - not movable. The other insulator is 'spring
loaded'...  I mounted it on two 1" long 6-32 bolts. The bolts are fastened
down to a bracket, then a spring over each bolt, a washer, then the cone
insulator and a couple of nuts to hold it all together. The insulator can
then slide on the bolts abt 3/4".  The resistor is slipped between the two
cones and the spring loaded one keeps some tension on it.

Of course you need some cone insulators with 'ears' for the bolts.

Hope this makes sense, it's not easy to describe... And since you're doing
two, it's a double pain to build!

GL, Bill   N2BC

n2bc@stny.lrun.com