Amps

Re: [Amps] tubes??

To: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>, "Bill Fuqua" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Subject: Re: [Amps] tubes??
From: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 07:32:43 -0700
I just read the Justice Department has recently indicated that in the future
they will be less interested in bringing anti-trust action if there is any
other competition.  I would expect this to mean that transistors could
replace tubes so control of the tube industry is irrelevant.

It sounded like they consider typewriters and slide rules as a viable
alternative to computers.  So, if they had the Richardson matter to do over
again, they would do less.

They also noted that predatory pricing, which tends to drive out the small
retailer is ok.

Maybe we can get Wal-Mart to purchase Richardson.

Colin  K7FM