Amps

[AMPS] Trade roller(s) for roller

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Trade roller(s) for roller
From: zeitler@ibm.net (zeitler@ibm.net)
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 19:47:05 -0800
I have two military coupler units. No reference desig. on the front panel
but they both use a Johnson 229-202 roller coil (18uH #12 wire). They each
also have four ceramic trimmer caps which are fine tuned from the front
panel in "set and forget" fashion. One of the couplers says "2-3Mhz" and the
other says "4 - 5.5 mhz". RF Communications, INC apparently is the
manufacturer as this is the name on the front panels.

I would like to trade both of these units for a Johnson 229-203 roller coil.
I have a homebrew copy of the MFJ 986 differential-T tuner and the coil that
was used is TERRIBLE. I think it is on a Delrin core and with higher power
levels the impedance starts to change which effects the tuning of my hf
amps. Yuk!!

So I will be removing the Delrin core unit in hopes of installing the big
Johnson 229-203.

So if interested in an even swap let me know. Both of the military coupler
units for a Johnson 229-203 roller coil (or equiv.).

73s and Gob Bless for now.

Lane Zeitler
Ku7i
San Diego