Amps

Re: [Amps] SELL: Heat Dissipating 8877 HV Plate Caps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SELL: Heat Dissipating 8877 HV Plate Caps
From: "Roger" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 04:33:18 -0400

> It wouldn't be patentable, not at least here in the UK. Here one of the
> conditions for obtaining a patent is that details of the invention have
> not
> been previously published before submission of the patent application.
>
> The posting on this NG would be enough to either prevent the grant of a
> patent, or certainly allow the patent to be challenged.

Not here in the states.  You only have to be the developer and can show you
were the first, but the item has been in common use for many decades which
would perclude being able to patent it.

A plate cap is a plate cap is a plate cap. Making one for a tube that didn't
have any available is only a slight modification to a proven
design/application. OTOH our patent office has granted some pretty stupid
patents partucularly pertaining to software and combining ideas into new
uses.

73

Roger (K8RI)