Amps

[Amps] Tube Question

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Tube Question
From: "Byron Tatum" <bjtatum@ev1.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 01:24:55 -0600
Hello-
    I was wondering if someone could tell me :
        I am planning to use some 4CX250K tube socket assemblies { pair of
socket assemblies mounted on plate, have raised screen ring assembly} that were
removed from the AM1565, a UHF coaxial cavity. The sockets are set up now for
cathode driven service. I plan to use these in a 432 Mhz. stripline amplifier,
but prefer to use them grid driven {as the 4CX250R}. The 4CX250K has one
significant difference - it has the cathode internally connected to the heater.
I was thinking of modifying the socket assembly to allow grid driven service,
but wanted to ask for advice, as I have not worked with these tubes before.
Does a tube constructed such as the 4CX250K { heater tied to cathode} require
any special treatment and is it OK to grid drive the tube?
    Thanks, WA5THJ.