Amps

Re: [Amps] B&W PT-2500A on 10m?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] B&W PT-2500A on 10m?
From: "bob" <n612dw@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 23:07:41 -0500
Have this amp and before I take it all apart once again I thought I'd ask
the community first.

Amp was NIB (NOS - S/N 233 a nice find) two years ago, and I just tried it
on 10m today to go after the XW0 , and found an infinite SWR at the exciter.
There is an unmarked bandswitch setting which seems like it'd be 10m, but
it's like the tuned input doesn't exist with input swr of infinity.

Works on all other bands just fine of course.  If'n it's a big deal, I can
just plug my Alpha back inline, but would be nice to enable it if its
reasonably possible (the instant on of a good 3-500 amp is attractive,
whereas I have missed opportunities waiting for the doggone Alpha 3 min warm
up!!).

Is there a simple modification to enable 10m in this sucker?  I don't see
anything in the manual nor schematic.

Only way to do it is to take it off the bench and tear into it again.  Hate
to take it down, pull it apart only to see nothing wired to the bandswitch
for the output (touch to get access to) or no tuned input existing for 10m.

Can anyone save me some grief?

As a sidebar, anyone know if this S/N has any/all mods applied?  I think
only around 250 were produced by B&W.  If not, what ones are known to
improve behavior/reliability that I should undertake ?

Carl (KM1H) are you still listening to this thread?  I think we have
corresponded before.

Please spare me - I'm not interested in "The Great Supressor" debate..

-bob, w9zv