Amps

Re: [Amps] Another Transformer Question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Another Transformer Question
From: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 05:52:04 -0700
Speaking of parallel transformers - here is another:

Wishing to build a 400 watt am transmitter out of existing stock.  All parts
accounted for except a modulation transformer.  On the shelf are two ART-13
modulation transformers.  Together, they will put out enough power to easily
modulate 400 watts.

As long as I match impedance ratios, is that any problem of simply
paralleling them?

And, if I use parallel or push pull finals, can I use separate modulators
fed from a common source to modulate each final tube separately?

All, right, this is an amp forum - so rephrase the question to apply to the
final of an am transmitter (we can leave the exciter out for purposes of
this forum).

Colin  K7FM