Amps

Re: [Amps] Tuned Input - IMD and efficiency

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tuned Input - IMD and efficiency
From: "Phil Clements" <philc@texascellnet.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 09:02:18 -0500
> Nickel-chromium (resistance) wire is like copper wire with the
> resistor built in.
>
> “The combination of both resistance and inductance is very effective
> in limiting parasitic oscillations to a negligible value of current.”

Henry Radio came up with the novel idea on the 8K-Ultra. A large brass strap
was wound into a single turn, and heavily chrome plated. This serves as the
parasitic suppressor on the 3CX3000A7. No additional parallel resistor is
needed. I love those who think out of the box!

(((73)))
Phil Clements, K5PC