Amps

[Amps] hENRY 2K-3 FAN NOISE

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] hENRY 2K-3 FAN NOISE
From: k7rdx@earthlink.net (k7rdx)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:54:16 -0700
>From my experiance with various fans and blowers I have found ball bearing
blowers/fans to be much louder than blowers with oil impregnated bushings.
Blade balance is the other noise factor...In other words$$ makes better
blowers both from the standpoint of less vibration (superior balance) and
better CFM control. For those wanting relatively quiet amps, remote blower
mounting might be an option.Regards to all on the list...Jim K7RDX