Amps

[Amps] Changing 3-500z to 8877

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Changing 3-500z to 8877
From: hydro@naturecoast.net (John)
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 16:07:30 -0400
Hi all
    I can get an 8877 & socket for a very inexpensive price from a friend.
My question is can I convert my SB220 over to the 8877 ??? Aside from the
mechanical aspect of the blower, mounting platform for the tube, Timer delay
& so on .. I assume the tuned input will have to be modified .. But will the
pi output be OK ??? I want to do this because I have the tube & I have NO
love for 3-500z with all there parasitic problems & standby heat !! I know
the output would be the same or maybe a hair better ,but the drive power
will be lower ..and that is nice.. Richard or Tom can you give me any
pointers ....

thanks john