Amps

[Amps] Transceiver Output Impedance

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Transceiver Output Impedance
From: "Robert Carroll" <w2wg@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 19:10:26 -0500
I have been told that modern solid state HF transceivers have been designed
to deliver rated power into a stated load resistance-almost always around 50
ohms-but that their effective internal impedance looking into the output
port while it is active and delivering rated power is nowhere near 50 ohms
but rather closer to a few ohms if you can define such an impedance at all.
Is this more or less accurate?  I ask in connection with the 87A input match
problems Rit Nesbitt mentioned a few days back on this reflector.

73

Bob W2WG