Amps

[Amps] 2:1 Transformer

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 2:1 Transformer
From: gmguerin at voyager.net (George & Marijke Guerin)
Date: Tue May 27 08:40:30 2003
Dear Yuri, etc:

We have been using 240-61 cores for KW transformers on 160 meters.  So, I
would use something like a one inch core, 61 material for 200 watts or so.
Trifilar winding, with 5 to 7 turns of good enamelled copper wire in
parallel.  Top of second winding is 22 ohms, and top of third winding is 50
ohms if all three windings are connected in series.  If you need 25 ohms,
not 22 ohms, then remove the top turn on the third winding.  Then, for
example with 7 turn windings, the windings ration is 20:14, not 21:14, so
the impedance ratio is the square of the winding turns:  400:196 or 50:24.5.

One can also use Iron Powder core - #2 or #6 material with more turns
(+/- 11) for 80 thru 10 meters.  One can also use a ferrite core material
with slightly different permeability for higher frequenciencies.

73        George    K8GG