Amps

Re: [Amps] Series PC Power Supplies

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Series PC Power Supplies
From: "Jim Forsyth" <jim@forsyth.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 14:21:47 -0700
In what way is the load unbalanced and how would the diodes help? In a
series connection all supplies have the same current and each contributes
whatever voltage it is set to. How does one get to be overburdened? How do
the diodes ever get to conduct? If they don't conduct then they are having
no effect on anything.

I can see that the diodes might help at turnoff to prevent a supplies output
capacitor from charging up in reverse but other than that I must be missing
the point.

Jim, AF6O