Amps

[AMPS] Re: filament chokes follow up

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: filament chokes follow up
From: Ken Barber" <kenw2dtc@home.com (Ken Barber)
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 22:43:59 -0400
Thanks to all who sent public and private emails about high current filament
chokes.  I was unaware of, what I will call, the "floating filament
transformer" solution which was suggested by Mr. Measures and which was
supported by several others who successfully used that solution.  Also
several others mentioned that they successfully paralleled two of the 30 amp
bifilar chokes together using one wire from each choke to feed one leg of
the filament and one each from the remaining choke wires to feed the other
leg of the filament.
  Since I had already had the transformer mounted a distance from the tube
socket in preparation for the filament choke, I decided stayed with that
solution and ordered two chokes from Peter Dahl.  If it works, fine, if not
I will try yet another solution, now that I am armed with new information.
  Thanks again to all that responded.
73,
Ken W2DTC