Amps

Re: [Amps] Time for New Power Meter

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Time for New Power Meter
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 15:30:28 -0400
The Telepost LP-500 should be ready for orders at Dayton.   Price is
reported to be between USD $700-$800.   It's a combination directional
wattmeter and basic oscilloscope with limited spectrum analysis.  The device
can sample two RF couplers and perform amplifier linearity testing, show
occupied spectrum and transmitted waveform.   I believe the final version
has a provision for an external trigger to accurately capture CW timing

The LP-500 lacks the complex Z measurement ability of the LP-100A model, but
I rarely use that function on the desk.   I find that VNA devices with USB
connectivity are more convenient to use in and away from the station
desktop.

Paul, W9AC