Amps

Re: [Amps] SB-200 DATA

To: <PlanerGuy@aol.com>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-200 DATA
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:24:38 -0400
If you dont need 160 the SB-200 is an economical choice. They work fine on
12/17M also. It is not an amp for RTTY or digital modes. The price stays low
since over 10,000 were sold.

I buy around 50 a year and many still have original 60's-70's date code
tubes and put out full power. I dont think that you will ever see an
Ameritron or Alpha running that long on original tubes; they push them a lot
harder

They have an internal jumper to switch between 120/240VAC and at around 33#
they dont collapse your desk.

You can compare them to the Ford Model A or the 64-67 Mustang. Millions
sold, almost as many are still on the road and new parts are readily
available. Not the best cars built but they did what they were built to do;
get you from Point A to Point B and back again.

Carl
KM1H