Amps

[AMPS] Distortion, amp design, and 813s (newbie alert!!)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Distortion, amp design, and 813s (newbie alert!!)
From: bjk@ihug.co.nz (Barry Kirkwood)
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 12:03:32 +1200
Triode connected gg813s are being used with great success all over the
world. There are plenty of them in ZL.
I do not have personal knowledge of use of more than a pair of them. They
have rather high output capacitance, therefore a tad of series C from plates
to the tuning cap is a good idea.
They have an excellent repute for stability. As they have little gain at VHF
many have been used OK with no VHF parasitic suppression at all.
Go for it.
73
end
Barry Kirkwood PhD ZL1DD