Amps

Re: [Amps] NOS 4CX1000A test and reconditioning

To: "'Amps Amps'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] NOS 4CX1000A test and reconditioning
From: "Robert B. Bonner" <rbonner@qro.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 22:02:44 -0500
I think we're going to have to admit that both methods are in use, filaments
on or off.

It all depends on the Attitude of the chief and the mentality of the owners.
Can you live with a 10 minutes of on the air silence?

While I was still in college in 75 I was on the phone trying to get a
Collins 20T back online after a plate choke left.  I'm 135 miles away and my
buddy the DJ who was also the resident license holder is in the bottom of
the transmitter with a set of clip leads and a VOM.  That station didn't
have their backup even hooked up nor tested.

Me personally I'd test a backup transmitter on a Sunday morning once a
month.  Switch the thing off the rest of the time.  Less obtrusive than an
EBS test HA.

BOB DD