Amps

[AMPS] SB-1000 mods?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SB-1000 mods?
From: Mike" <W4EF@dellroy.com (Mike)
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 19:27:07 -0700
Hi Rich,

Would there be any concern about the lower maximum resistance dictated by the
use of
the 5 watt steady-state rating versus using a 20 or 50 watt resistor? At  750mA
worst case
steady-state anode current, the maximum resistance that could be used with the
5 watt
resistor would be ~9 ohms, whereas at 20 watt resistor could be set as high as
36 ohms
assuming the same steady state anode current. Seems like the smaller resistor
would allow
the charge in the filter caps to dump much faster than the larger resistor, or
are there
other factors that dominate the discharge time (capacitor ESR, stray
inductance, etc).

Thanks,

Mike, W4EF............