Amps

Re: [Amps] How to read the 3-500Z spec sheet?

To: <Gudguyham@aol.com>, <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] How to read the 3-500Z spec sheet?
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 11:16:49 -0400
At 2700V @ 400 ma it doesnt matter if its CCS or not, thats all the tube
will do safely in SSB service especially in an AL-80 series with marginal
cooling. Anything over 700W or so is pushing its longevity.  Ameritron
doesnt care that the manual says 600ma and 1000W PEP, they sell tubes
remember.

And dont try and judge a safe color with a graphite anode, there shouldnt be
any in SSB service and only for a short time during tuneup.

I wouldnt consider a Chinese tube at CCS anyway over 2200V.

Carl
KM1H