Amps

Re: [Amps] ALPHAs and momentary power outages

To: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>, <wc1m@msn.com>,"'Jim Brown'" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] ALPHAs and momentary power outages
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:30:07 -0400
I would think that the Alpha microcessor is pretty basic and looking for
simple analog inputs.

Much like an automotive processor. I had a built up LT1/4L60E Corvette combo
in a 38 Chevy coupe and the tranny began slipping. A rebuild was $1800. A
little bit of monitoring with a DVM ascertained what voltages the processor
was looking for to cause the shift solenoids to actuate.  Then it was simply
a trip to the junkyard for a good non electronic 700R4 tranny and a couple
of resistors across the old harness connector to fake out the processor and
I was back in business for $250 with sharper shifting to boot.

Sometimes it pays to think out of the box.

Carl
KM1H