Amps

[Amps] Gassy Tubes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Gassy Tubes
From: "Edwin Karl" <edk0kl@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 08:20:53 -0500
As I recall, Sylvania and National Union both brought
the beam forming electrode out through the envelope.

They were available at Cortland Street 5 for one dollar.

The differences between an 807 (the one without the
pop top) and a 1625 was 12 volt filament on the 1625
and it also had 7 pins versus 5.

Again, I'm getting old and the base pinout is a little fuzzy,
one of the 7 pin bases was empty and could be used for
the new "element" configuration.

Built a 4-1625 amplifier that ran about 400 watts input. Lots
of fun and cheap, real important to me back then.

ed K0KL