Amps

Re: [Amps] LK 500 ZA heat

To: "dave arruzza" <w1ctn@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] LK 500 ZA heat
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:23:58 -0400
That series of amps went thru several fan models and finally settled on a
German made metal one. The heat would warp the plastic ones causing them to
slow down.

The metal fan in my LK-500ZC was installed in 1989 and has been fine even
under full blown contest use since then.

The fan issue has no bearing on the bandswitch which is due to either bad
parasitic resistors or contact misalignment.

A new fan can be purchased thru Grainger and other suppliers.

Carl
KM1H