Amps

Re: [Amps] Ameritron AL-80A

To: "Arthur Mumaw" <artrita@peoplepc.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ameritron AL-80A
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 14:27:00 -0400
Ive replaced several AL-80A transformers with the 80B version, toss the
bracket, and drill 4 holes. The original transformer is a weak link.

You can call Ameritron direct and get a revised schematic, as well as a Step
Start upgrade sheet. IMO the step start is useless in such a small amp and
just causes problems.

Carl
KM1H