Amps

Re: [Amps] Amphenol Connectors made in China

To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>, "Bill Fuqua" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amphenol Connectors made in China
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 14:45:20 -0400
>    Just started installing some Amphenol BNC panel mount
> connectors and
> found them to be very substandard to the products I am
> accustomed to
> getting.  I started spinning no the nut by hand and the
> nut was so loose
> that it actually skipped a thread and began cross
> threading. This was
> finger torque only. In fact, it is difficult to keep them
> from cross
> threading.
>     Got a second sealed package and the same problem.
> Flipped the package
> over and there it was, Made in China.

I'd raise heck with Amphenol!!

I just sent back a brand-new Agilent spectrum analyzer that
had very poor dynamic range and locked up on functions. It
was four firmware revisions past what Agilent had in their
customer support.

The same was true for multimeters we bought, and some
semiconductors we received were far out of spec.

It's a shame when a piece of equipment costing many
thousands of dollars from a company that used to have a good
name doesn't work. But the if dog food, pregnancy tests, VD
tests, diabetes tests,  and Sponge Bob are defective.... I
guess we can't count on test equipment.

73 Tom