Amps

[Amps] 4CX800 - GU74B

To: "Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 4CX800 - GU74B
From: "Gary Myers" <garymyers@powerc.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 10:28:08 -0700
I've answered one part of my question on these tubes - I see
there was a discussion on this group about it....
but my other questions still apply...

Questions:

The tubes I bought were of course (? - see later) used and
unfortunately were not well packed when received. There is no
connection on one for the cathode on pin 2 (pins 4 and 6 are
together but not connected to 2).... I would guess this is a
no-no correct?

Since the damage is "visible" or better stated measurable in one
of the tubes there is some likelihood that the others might have
internal structure weaknesses... correct? Is it safe to "burn"
these in in my Acom 2000 amp (do the filaments for 6 hours) or
is it possible that they could damage the amp?

The shipper of the tubes is going to file for an insurance
claim - but finding these tubes is getting to be impossible so I
was wondering if I should try to see if the remaining 2 (I
bought 3) are good...

ARE THESE TUBES BEING MADE NEW ANYWHERE?!!!!

thanks for your considered response.

Gary
K9RX