Amps

Re: [Amps] Al-82 Blowing fuses?

To: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Al-82 Blowing fuses?
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 12:14:18 -0500
Look for arcing tracks in the fuse holders. That amp is well known for tube
arcing and IED events but it usually takes out more than fuses. Check the
plate choke for signs of stress and also for any continuity thru the plate
blocking caps.

Remove the PS board and check for arcing marks.

I also received 3 bad filter caps out of 16 in an order from Ameritron about
4-5 months ago.

Carl
KM1H