Amps

Re: [Amps] SB-200 DATA

To: "Roger" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>, "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>,<Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-200 DATA
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 17:19:45 -0400
Ive been providing Chinese tubes in several of the SB-200 and SB-220 6M
conversions plus other brands plus repairs to HF amps. No reported problems
in the past 5 years or so. That doesnt mean they will last 30 years either.

The Chinese transmitting tube industry is nowhere near as complex as
automotive/shop tools. You can count on one hand the factories involved and
have a finger or so left over. A lot of the bad ones have gone away or
switched to small audio tubes.

Carl
KM1H