Amps

Re: [Amps] Designing the Cleanest Linear with RF Negative Feedback

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Designing the Cleanest Linear with RF Negative Feedback
From: "Tom Cathey" <K1JJ@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 14:20:28 -0500
I like BOTH suggestions, Gary!

Having the input link phase reversable opens the door for GG driving GG
experiments.

For the GG  input drive NFB resistor, what value would you try for an 8877
input?  It appears to need to handle some input power too. How about a
bypass cap across the resistor, or wud you leave it unbypassed?

I am also going to try Frank/GFZ's idea of sampling some RF from the GG
final's plate with a pick up plate and feeding it back via turns over the
filament choke. This is a directly heated cathode amp. He added that maybe
the cold end of the winding can have a variable cap or inductor to ground -
to adjust phase, if need be. Not sure how that will work multiband, but will
give it a try anyway.

I'm open to ideas to try.

73,
Tom, K1JJ